Monday, April 23, 2007

My amma…simply the best!!

Oh not one day goes by when I don’t call up my amma (for those who don’t know me, im married and staying away from my parents) for a simple talk or a genuine opinion or just a suggestion. I call her up, I laugh with her telling all the petty jokes, I cry with her with all my problems. I fight with her for all the advices she gives me, which I do not want to agree with her. I justify with her, for all the actions that I do, which are not agreed by her. But not one day goes by, when I don’t call her.

I need to make a delicious dinner for my husband, and off I call to my amma. Hey how do cook this? And know what, you just watch a lil later the pride that sets on our face, when my husband tells my amma “ athaiya, ur daughter is a better cook than you”

And then I need to tackle by daughter. She is growing up u see and who better advices me than my mother. She teaches me how to teach my daughter. How wonderful to have a mother by you.

I wish to be like you amma, for my children. …the best mother. I wish to be like you amma, for my husband…the best wife. I wish to be like you amma, for my brother…the best sister. I wish to be like you amma for myself…the best friend.

Thank you amma.

No comments: