Saturday, December 4, 2010

A family that eats together stays together.


My family loves eating dosa's. Not because of their taste, nor the texture. Its not even that, they love south Indian food.

It’s because of their shapes!

It all started when my 4 yr old son wanted me to teach him alphabets with dosas. He used to ask me to make an alphabet dosa for him. Each day he wanted a new alphabet.
Sunday morning's are lazy mornings where every one of us needs that push to start our daily chores. I don’t like making the breakfast and my children don’t like eating what I make (I just used to fix up a quick meal with least interest.)

Today, I wanted to break that routine. I went through all my cook books but dint find one recipe that got me interested. Then I came upon this idea. I put my creative hat and started making dosa's to give out messages to my family. I gave a "I love u" dosa to my son. A "B smiling" message to my husband and “Hasu rocks" to my daughter. That set the ball rolling. I started making some smilies. And within next 10 minutes my kids, my husband and me were all in the kitchen trying out various shapes in various sizes.
My kids decorated them with all the available colored items in the refrigerator – scrapped carrots, sliced capsicum, finely cut coriander, mustard sauce, chili sauce, tomato sauce. Oh, the fun was never ending. I could not take the photographs because my son was too eager to pop in the dosas as soon as we created something exciting.

We have done with cute messages this week. It could be landscaping next week! Who knows? Come on friends, put on your creative (Chef) caps too and post more pics and more ideas with dosas.

After all a family that eats together, stays together.

8 comments:

Shahin said...

Hey Padmaja delicious blog...this shows that how much u care for your kids & family...my love to your kids...keep blogging...tc

Shahin said...

hey padmaja nice to meet u...your blog shows t-your intense care & love for your family..

Shahin said...

Your blog shows that you care for your family a lot...

Shahin said...

hey your blog shows that you are a very caring mother...keep writing

Ethel Grace said...

Sweet!!!


Visit me here:
http://daydreamstars.blogspot.com
http://bobiscorner.blogspot.com
http://codegalaxy.blogspot.com

Swati Vaidya said...

Hi Padmaja,
This touches my heart.....

Swati Vaidya said...

This Touches my heart....

Padmaja Duvvuri said...

Thank you all. Your kind words of appreciation motivate me to write more.